Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Super Fun Statistics

Kia Ora Bloggers! My name is Quinn and today I will be sharing my maths with you. This week we have been focusing on Statistics. We have learning aout making graphs. You need to have your data to make a graph. What is data? It's information that you collected about a topic. For example your favourite fruit. Ask some people their favourite fruit with around five or more options and collect everyones answer in tallys. We did a few different topics but I am going to show the one with all of Tumu's birthday months. Because this would take a while to collect the data we did it all at once together. Once we had our data, we went and made a graph on a Google Sheet. We had to make two different styles of graphs and make two statements about each of them. Here are the two graphs that I made.





Have you ever made a graph?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Quinn,

    I love your graphs. They are nice and bright and really easy to read. Google Sheets is a really easy way to produce a nice clear graph. I have used them many times, it is definitely easier than drawing up your own one.

    There are not many birthdays in July in Tumu Hub. That is quite interesting since we have 97 children in the hub.

    Do you prefer making graphs on Google Sheets or in your maths book?

    Mrs Bryce

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post